The Maine Community Foundation administers a number of scholarships directly, and applications for most of these funds are submitted using an online application system. Those with a paper application should be submitted to our Ellsworth office or to the address specified on the application itself.
The following rules apply to all of these scholarships:
1. Applications must be received by the indicated deadline.
Late applications will not be considered. Uploads and submissions to the online system end at 1:59 p.m. of the deadline date.
2. Applications must include all required information.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may not submit an incomplete application to our online system.
3. All awards must be accepted by signing and returning the Terms of Award letter.
It is the scholarship recipient's responsibility to return this document by the stated deadline, typically September 1. If the community foundation does not receive the Terms of Award letter, the recipient will be notified that the scholarship award will be rescinded in early October.
4. Most scholarship award payments are sent to the recipient's college in early December to be applied to second-semester tuition.
Scholarship recipients are responsible for signing the check at the school’s business office in order for the school to cash it.
5. The Maine Community Foundation must be notified
if you move, if your contact information changes, or if your school or enrollment status changes. Contact Scholarship Manager Liz Fickett by e-mail
or by phone, toll-free, at (877) 700-6800, ext. 2015.